Friday 21 August 2009

Old Stump

I have a bike and I named it "Stump",
he takes me over every bump
Out on the trail the Stump and I,
sometimes thought we'd e-ven fly.

Through the cuttings and round the berms,
Stump cradles me on every turn
Even when I drop him hard,
Stump gets up and wheels still turn.

Oft I'd think 'bout the times we had
once when I kicked him when he was bad,
but wherever i point him he still goes,
is the best damn dually I've ever known

Hounding out there lookin for beer,
wasn't scared of jump'n off rocks in high gear
Out on the trail the Stump and I,
sometimes thought we'd e-ven fly.

Now the 24 is nigh,
no more sleepy's through the night
No rest for the trusty steed,
or Jurassic Arse will surely bleed

(With apologies to Neil Young)
I suppose thinking about the 24 is getting me all nostalgic. Here are some snaps of the Stump at work in various enduros

No comments:

Post a Comment